• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Pantyholic

Pantyholic

CHIEF PANTY

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts
  • Interests: Cruising for sex in panties, webmaster of this site and trying to build a genuine active community, travel, collectables, motorcycles, and bargain hunting at flea markets etc
  • Sexuality:Bi-sexual

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:28 AM

Thailand considers a cross-dressing waiting period,before sex change surgery.
By Jane Fugal, AP

Thailand looks to limit sex change surgery

BANGKOK — Thailand has issued rules making sex change surgery more difficult — including a requirement that potential candidates cross-dress for a year — over fears that some patients are rushing into the operation, a medical association said Thursday.

Transsexuals and transgendered men are a common sight in Thailand, appearing on soap operas and working at all levels of Bangkok society, from department store cosmetics counters and popular restaurants to corporate offices and red-light districts. A national transgendered beauty pageant draws thousands to the beach side town of Pattaya every year.

But over the past two years, a rash of castrations, especially among young men, has alarmed the medical establishment and prompted the new rules.

Dr. Sampandh Komrit of the Medical Council of Thailand said the new rules went into effect Wednesday and require a person to wait a year after deciding on the surgery. The applicants must be over 18 and are required to dress in women’s clothing for the year before surgery. It also requires a mental evaluation before the surgery and continued follow-up visits with a psychiatrist after getting the sex change.

“This is a very important decision in their life,” Sampandh said. “After the operation, there is no way to fix it.”

Last year, Thailand’s Health Ministry ordered hospitals and medical clinics to temporarily stop performing non-medical castrations. The ministry said that the procedure needed stricter monitoring.

Sampandh said he understood the motivation for sex change surgery, adding that he has met many men who insist they would be happier being a woman. But he said the new regulations give them the opportunity to think through their decision.

“This is not a small thing, not like going shopping. Especially the teenagers, think carefully. Don’t do it because your friend did it,” Sampandh said.

Patients with a long history as cross-dressers would be exempt from the one-year waiting period, he said.

#2 mic091221

mic091221

Buttery Soft Silky Knickers

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • Interests: Love wearing and shopping for panties. i cannot stop shopping for them, in the winter time, i like to wear the pantislips that have the long legs on them, to keep me warm in the snow.. lol
  • Sexuality:Straight

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

pretty good idea, especially of a decision of this magnitude....

a year is enough time to be sure that you really want the change...
silky soft panties are lifes way of saying no matter what happens in life,, you can still feel good all over..

#3 nippleplayer88

nippleplayer88

Y-Fronts

• 7 posts
  • Interests: wearing full cut nylon panties and a nylon t-shirt.

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

Hi fellow panty lover,

I live in Minnesota where it's so cold I wear long underwear when I go outside.  Inside my apartment, I enjoy wearing full cut granny type panties.  They have more nylon and therefore more "skin-to-nylon" contact.

Greetings from nippleplayer88

#4 axxass

axxass

Y-Fronts

• 3 posts
  • Sexuality:GAY

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:32 AM

Absolutely a good ruling, the waiting period is there to benefit the people choosing to undertake the procedure

#5 aerlinthe

aerlinthe

Nylon Panty

• Member++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests: ....

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:34 AM

wish i could afford to do that, maybe some day.

#6 mic091221

mic091221

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • Interests: Love wearing and shopping for panties. i cannot stop shopping for them, in the winter time, i like to wear the pantislips that have the long legs on them, to keep me warm in the snow.. lol

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

i don't think i would want to get it all Wacked off,,, ,, I still like cumming,,, and i have heard that even if the doctor can reattach the nerves, at best you only have a couple of years of orgasams before your body starts rejecting the surgery,, ,,,,,, (just what i heard) i am not a Dr or a professional. but i wouldn't want to take my chances either.

PLUS,,,, I love Women too..
silky soft panties are lifes way of saying no matter what happens in life,, you can still feel good all over..

#7 string984

string984

No Panties :-(

• 11 posts
  • Interests: Panties, pantyhose, liners

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

panty-wearing is much fun even without changing sex. Why bother?
String 984

#8 Pantied Suzi

Pantied Suzi

Dead Email

• Dead Email
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • Interests: Panties, bras, camis, earring, nail polish, crossdressing, and talking to people who are into the same.
  • Sexuality:Bi-curious

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:20 AM

One year wait doesn't seem unreasonable to me.  If you want it bad enough, then one year will go by quickly.
"Panties are not the best thing in life, but next to it!"

#9 fourinches

fourinches

Chiffon panty

• Member++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests: Wearing my girlfriend's panties. :)

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:09 AM

Better than just letting anyone change whenever they want. You guys should see the South Park episode about implants and reconstructions.

#10 mic091221

mic091221

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

ive thought about it,, and yep,, i still want to keep my parts.. can't live without them.